We held a CHIME Community Association meeting on May 24, 2017. Here are the notes from the meeting.
We held a CHIME Community Association meeting on March 8, 2017. Here are the notes from the meeting.
We held a CHIME Community Association meeting on February 8, 2017. Here are the notes from the meeting.
We held a CHIME Community Association meeting on January 11, 2017. Here are the notes from the meeting.
The Last CHIME Community Association meeting of 2016 was held on November 9. Here are the notes from meeting.
The first CHIME Community Association meeting of the year was held on September 1. Here are the notes from the meeting.
The first CCA meeting of the year is this Thursday, September 1, at 7pm in the auditorium! There will be a new-family orientation from 6:15pm to 7pm with the general meeting to follow. Come hear the latest information on what’s happening at your school! Free childcare is provided; we’ll be showing “Monsters University”! Fratelli’s Pizza will also be donating samples from our hot lunch program, so come try out the baked chicken nuggets, cheese pizza and the baked corn dogs. All families in attendance earn a Friday Free Dress Pass! See you there!
The next CHIME Community Association meeting will be held at 7pm in the auditorium.
Here’s the agenda:
- Welcome by Kara Perdenza and Diana Chulak
- Administrative Update
- Family Fun Nighs update
- Friends of CHIME update
- Walk-n-Roll-a-thon update
- Spring carnival update
- Open forum
The next CCA meeting is Wednesday, October 7 at 8:30am at the lunch tables! Join us at the meeting for coffee and a breakfast treat! Find out about the latest events at your school and earn a Friday Free-Dress Pass! See you there!
View meeting agenda
At the September 2, 2015 meeting of the CHIME Charter Community Association, committee heads gave fundraising updates, and director Erin Studer gave an administrative update. Some highlights:
- Kara Perdenza, CCA co-president, announced that future meetings will be scheduled in the evenings and mornings, on an alternating schedule.
- Dr. Studer announced that updates to the auditorium have been completed. New smart boards have been installed in all rooms and the school now has two new science labs, which will allow STEM electives in the middle school.
- Dr. Studer let us know the Legacy Wall and Tile Campaign is ongoing. Also, a donation has been received by a family to name the library. Other donation opportunities are available (Rooms, Buildings, High School, etc.
- Work on the High School continues—the Charter is in the final stages and work continues on plans for the Collins Street site. Current plan is to open the High School in the 2016-17 school year at a temporary site.
- There is a planned Beautification day on October 10th, from 9am to 2pm, with other days to be planned later in the year.
- Spirit Wear Chairperson Erfan Marks indicated $2,600 in Spirit Wear has been sold this year. Items with the new logo include the water bottle, coffee mug, shirts, and a beanie.
- Family Fun Night Chairperson Lanette Hacker noted the next opportunity is September 22nd, at California Pizza Kitchen. The committee is exploring new options including Skateland, Glowzone, Lyfe Kitchen, Chili’s, BJ’s, and others.
- CCA Positions still open are Walk-n-Roll-a-Thon, Banner, Carnival and others. Jennifer Currier volunteered to take on the Carnival Chair, but will need assistance with Co-Chair opportunities, including Food, Games and others. If you are interested in volunteering for a CCA position, please contact Kara Perdenza or Diana Chulak.
- Allocation of carryover funds of $13,400 were proposed and approved by vote: $500 for a CCA Legacy Wall donation; $3,000 to purchase and install shading for lunch areas; $6,000 to purchase a new Pizza/Nugget shed; $3,900 to be added toward the Beautification Committee budget.
- Issues with the new lunch/recess process were addressed.
- The no sweets policy and its contradiction with the grade level bake sales, which include a large number of high sugar offerings, was addressed.
- A question was raised if CHIME has a parent directory or referral program. Dr. Studer said they are working on a website with an opt-in program for parents who wish to participate and that this was intended to use as a carpooling directory—but they can explore adding businesses.
- Dr. Studer indicated they are still looking for an Adaptive PE teacher for the middle school but not Elementary, as the Elementary has never had a PE teacher.
Read the complete meeting minutes here.
CHIME Community Association Meeting Minutes